Prerequisite: Preference will be given to candidates fluent in HTML. The course can be customized to any level of programming and relational database familiarity.
Course / Performance Objectives:
Upon a successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- navigating GameSalad software;
- applying principles of game design;
- designing a game playable on an iPhone using GameSalad software;
- engaging in an iterative, playtest cycle;
- collaborating in a team
In addition to fulfilling these objectives the successful student will complete a portfolio consisting of a demonstration games illustrating all of the above objectives.
It seems as if everyone has an idea for an “app” these days! In this course, you will use professional game design techniques to create playable mobile games that you can add to your game design portfolio. Using GameSalad, you will learn the fundamentals of game design, apply competition and playfulness, implement game design elements by modifying game templates from various video game genres, and debug using iterative game design.
Course Prerequisites: Preference will be given to candidates with good background and knowledge in game building.
Required / Recommended Texts :
Required Supplementary Materials / software:
- Will be provided by Instructor
Method of Instructions:
This course is conducted in a lecture / hands on and discussion format with emphasis on the question-answer and practical hands on methodology. Students are required to upload all their work, assignments in the online LMS platform. Instructor will provide the detailed instruction on this aspect.
Assignments / Project
Class instructor will state more about the course project / research work.
Lecture notes, work book, overhead projector, assignments, online databases and the internet.
- Each student is expected to read and prepare ahead of the class in order to participate actively and complete assigned projects in class.
- Complete assignments / projects on time.
- Be punctual and prepared for class.
- Class attendance is mandatory and a credit is given to students with perfect or close to perfect attendance.
- If an absent is inevitable, the student should e-mail or call me the day before.
- The student is still responsible for the day’s assignment.
- Students will be allowed 3 absences without affecting their final grade.
Final Exam 30%
Term Project 20%
Quizzes / Class Tests 15%
Homework/Class Participation / R. Paper 15%
Rules & Regulations:
- No lateness to class.
- No interruption while lecture is in session, for example:
- Going in and out of the class.
- Answering or making phone calls in class.
- Leaving cell phone and beepers on.
- There will be a quiz / class tests for every two chapters / topics covered.
- There will be an assigned problem as homework.
- There will be a midterm and a final exam. The final exam will be comprehensive.
- There will be project work combining all the skills learnt in the class which the student will be required to complete by the end of the training session.
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self